Northern Starz Theatre Company is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers. To ensure that, we have developed the following Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces, and that requires full cooperation among workers and management. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our workers and workplaces. Management and workers are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this Preparedness Plan. NSTC managers and staff have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy. Our workers and students are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health and keeping our employees and students safe at NSTC. Worker involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Our Preparedness Plan follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines and federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 and addresses:
• hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
• engineering and administrative controls for social distancing.
• housekeeping – cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination.
• prompt identification and isolation of sick persons.
• communications and training that will be provided to managers and workers; and
• management and supervision necessary to ensure effective implementation of the plan.
• Summer Camp and Classes Plan
Screening and policies for employees and volunteers exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Workers and volunteers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace and for workers to report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms. We will request all workers to self-screen at home and to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms and if symptoms develop while at work, they will be sent home.
NSTC has implemented leave policies that promote staff and contract employees to stay home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when required by a health care provider to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household. Accommodations for staff and contract employees with underlying medical conditions or who have household members with underlying health conditions have been implemented. NSTC has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at their workplace and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time.
In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of workers’ health status and health information. All health information will remain confidential unless consent has been given by the individual.
Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at NSTC at all times. Staff is instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift, prior to any mealtimes and after using the toilet. All visitors to the facility will be required to wash their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility. Hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) that can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water have been distributed throughout the theatre, and outside for classes, as long as hands are not visibly soiled. We have also placed hand sanitizer at the entrance of every door. Hand washing signs have been placed in each restroom.
Workers and visitors are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing and to avoid touching their face, in particular their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands. They should dispose of tissues in the trash and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward. Respiratory etiquette will be demonstrated on posters and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available outside and throughout the facility.
All employees are required to wear a face mask. We highly encourage individuals to wear a face mask or face covering while visiting or taking a class at the art center. Northern Starz has disposable (not medical) face masks available for staff and visitors to wear while participating in classes/camps and all are welcome to bring/wear their own face mask as well.
Social distancing is being implemented in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative controls: Northern Starz is making the following available: use Zoom for conference calls, flexible work hours to reduce the number of employees in the workplace at one time; maintain six feet of distance between workers; provide signage or instructions for employees and visitors; support communications plans to address staff concerns; etc. NSTC will provide recommended protective supplies, such as masks, gloves, disinfectant, and sanitizer, etc. Staff and students are prohibited from gathering in groups and from using other workers’ and students’ personal protective equipment, phones, computer equipment, desks, cubicles, workstations, offices or other personal work tools and equipment.
Classes and Clamps: All classes and camps held at Northern Starz will contain 10 individuals or less (including the instructor) and students will be required to stay 6ft apart at all times. NSTC has chosen plays and classes to adhere to these distancing rules, and will not attempt musicals at this time.
Regular housekeeping practices are being implemented, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces, equipment, tools and machinery, and areas in the work environment, including restrooms, rehearsal spaces, lobby and meeting rooms. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted in high-touch areas, such as phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, copy machines, etc. NSTC staff and volunteers will clean and disinfect all areas using recommended products to clean the workplace. If a worker is diagnosed with COVID-19, NSTC will close and have the facility cleaned and disinfected.
Northern Starz Theatre will deep clean and disinfect the art center facility on a weekly basis.
This Preparedness Plan was communicated by NSTC to all staff, contract employees and board members on May 25th . Additional communication and training will be ongoing via email updates as needed. Staff and Contract Employees are to monitor how effective the program has been implemented by informing of any changes that may be needed to ensure safety of all. Staff and Contract Employees are to work through this new program together and update the training, as necessary. This Preparedness Plan has been certified by NSTC Board of Directors and was posted throughout the workplace on May 25th. It will be updated as necessary.
1. Temperature - We will use a Forehead Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer to check each individual for fever before entrance into Northern Starz Theatre Company. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher (per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines) will not be admitted. They will politely be asked to leave the facility.
2. Questions that will be asked to individuals at the door before entering Northern Starz.
In the last 7 days, have you had:
A fever of more than 100.4 - Yes/No
Shortness of breath - Yes/No
Muscle aches - Yes/No
A new cough - Yes/No
3. Other Requirements to enter Northern Starz: Hygiene: Wash hands and sanitize upon entering the theatre in the vestibule or, for outside classes, upon checking in on the East side of the building. Wear a mask (highly encouraged) - we have disposable masks if needed. Social Distance – stay at least 6ft away from other people.
Based on the current information we have from Governor Walz, we will be running summer camps, classes and rehearsals beginning July 6th. We have made several changes to ensure the health and safety of all who participate in the programs this year. Here are a few of the important changes:
· All camps, classes and performance rehearsals will contain 10 individuals or less (including the instructor).
·Students and staff will be required to stay 6ft apart at all times.
· We will use a Forehead Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer to check each individual for fever before entrance into the art center facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher (per Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines) will not be admitted into the facility.
· In addition to temperature reading, we will be asking the following questions to every individual before they are admitted into the facility: In the last 7 days, have you had: A fever of more than 100.4 - Yes/No; Shortness of breath - Yes/No; Muscle aches - Yes/No; A new cough - Yes/No
·Everyone who enters the facility will be required to wash their hands or sanitize upon entering the vestibule or checking in on the east side of the building for outdoor classes.
· All staff will be required to wear a mask. Students can choose if they want to wear a mask or face covering - we highly encourage the use of a face mask, and we have disposable masks available if needed. We are concerned for the health and safety of all our participants.
· All studio spaces have face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer.
· At the end of each day, the facility will be cleaned and sanitized. The rehearsal studio, lobby and restrooms will also be cleaned and sanitized between the AM and PM camp sessions each day.
· Each parent will be required to check in their child(ren) - their temperature will be checked (with a Forehead Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer) at check-in and any child with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be permitted into camp, class or rehearsal.
· We will not be providing students with a snack or lunch this summer. Students will have to bring snacks and/or lunches (for all-day camps) from home. There will be a cooler provided to keep lunches in, if they are not brought in a lunch cooler-type bag. This cooler will be sanitized and cleaned after class/camp each day.
· Only registered participants will be allowed in the theatre and/or rehearsal studio. Most of our classes will take place outside. However, if there is inclement weather, we will be using the rehearsal studio for camp/class.