Based on the current information we have from Governor Walz, we will be running summer camps beginning July 6th. We have made a number of changes to ensure the health and safety of all who participate in the summer camp program this year. Here are a few of the important changes:
· All classes and camps held at Northern Starz will contain 10 individuals or less (including the instructor).
·Students and staff will be required to stay 6ft apart at all times. Tables and chairs will be spaced in adherence to these guidelines.
· We will use a Forehead Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer to check everyone for fever before entrance into Northern Starz. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher (per Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines) will not be admitted into the theatre or be a part of the program/class.
· In addition to temperature reading, we will be asking the following questions to every individual before they are admitted into the theatre:
In the last 7 days, have you had: A fever of more than 100.4 - Yes/No; shortness of breath - Yes/No;
Muscle aches - Yes/No; A new cough - Yes/No
·Everyone who enters Northern Starz will be required to wash their hands or sanitize upon entering or being a part of a structured class outside. There will be a sanitation station located in the vestibule.
· All staff will be required to wear a mask. Students can choose if they want to wear a mask or face covering - we highly encourage the use of a face mask, and we have disposable masks available if needed. We are concerned for the health and safety of all our participants.
· face masks, hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available throughout the theatre, and outside while working on shows and classes.
· At the end of each day, the facility will be cleaned and sanitized. The rehearsal studios, lobby area and restrooms will also be cleaned and sanitized between the AM and PM camp sessions each day.
· Each parent will be required to check in their child(ren) - their temperature will be checked (with a Forehead Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer) at check-in and any child with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be permitted to class/camp.
· We will not be providing students with a snack or lunch this summer. Students will have to bring snacks and/or lunches (for all-day camps) from home. There will be a cooler provided to keep lunches in, if they are not brought in a lunch cooler-type bag. This cooler will be sanitized and cleaned after class/camp each day.
· Only registered participants will be allowed in the theatre and/or rehearsal studio. Most of our classes will take place outside. However, if there is inclement weather, we will be using the rehearsal studio for camp/class.